Friday, October 24, 2014

Painting Fabric

I've decided that I am most scared of painting people. I do not aspire to be a portrait artist, but I don't want to be afraid of painting them either. So, I've chosen some examples (you can see Pinterest gallery for them), and I am going to try to paint in that style.

After seeing an example, my teacher told me that I needed to spend some time painting fabric, the lights and the darks. How the light hits the fabric, and what happens in the folds and drapes. She asked me to try painting from life and to try painting from a photograph upside-down so that I see only shapes.

I'm pretty proud of the woman in the purple sari. And my daughter was upset that I painted her doll without her head.

Oh, and yes, I did feel the need to paint another pear!

No comments:

Post a Comment