Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Art with the Kids

My son told me that he doesn't like art at school because the teacher wants him to be clean and neat. He also said that she is only letting them use markers and crayons and not paint. I don't know if this stems from the mess or teachers having to buy their own supplies, but I wanted to give my son a chance to express himself with paint and mixed media. So, here are some of the projects that my kids 5 & 7 yrs old have been working on.

I followed the much-pinned tutorial for creating this flower & sun scene. A round sponge is used for the sun with yellow & white paint. A q-tip is used to create the flowers.


Over the summer, we went the the Dali museum in Florida. (http://www.tampabay.com/news/humaninterest/hair-raising-experience-at-the-dal237-museum/2189986)
So, in studying surrealist art, we did some collages, mainly set around Magritte's work. Putting things that don't belong together.


No comments:

Post a Comment