Monday, April 27, 2015

Impressionism...Color

When asked what kind of art I like, I usually say impressionist, or as time goes on realistic abstract. Both to me mean that the art will be something recognizable, but not realistic. Painting, to me, is an opportunity to edit the colors to create the feeling of the place because I often find that photographs are much duller than the feelings of happiness or beauty that I feel at the time.

That works sometimes, but sometimes that it difficult to do. I sometimes have trouble seeing the possibilities, so I decided to use Photoshop to colorize the photo I'm working from and SEE the underlying colors.
This photo was taken in Cambridge, UK, so you know that the colors were nothing like this! But I've found it helps me see the undertones. It also helps me see the color of the light.


No comments:

Post a Comment